In my last video, I talked about the importance of coaching, particularly team coaching. Today I want to share a few tips for those looking for a coach. There’s a lot of information on the internet on how to find a coach, so I’m going to make it as brief as possible.
1. Find a coach who has gone through a certified coaching program from a governing body like the International Coaching Federation.
2. Understand your goals. That will influence where you look for coaches.
3. Reach out to coaches who have the skill and training you’re looking for. Let them know what your intentions are.
4. Set up a discovery phone call. That call is to let you get to know one another and can last anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes. Some key points that you’ll want to take away are what their personal values are: what their coaching philosophy is, what major influences shape their practice, where they’ve lived in the world, and the types of coaching engagements that they’ve enjoyed most.
5. Ask for references.
6. Make sure there was a real connection.
Whether you’re looking for a personal coach or somebody to support your team, these steps will help you tremendously. Good luck in your search and feel free to reach out to me if you want additional tips. I look forward to hearing from you.